First Mennonite Church – McPherson, KS
Pastoral Job Description – April, 2023
First Mennonite Church of McPherson is seeking a part-time pastor who will embrace the character of who we are as a congregation and be willing to participate in the experience of determining who God would have us become. First Mennonite Church is an Anabaptist Mennonite community of believers who are called by Christ to:
- Follow Jesus and His teachings in our daily lives.
– Serve others in word and deed.
- Bring people to God and reconcile with each other through the Holy Spirit, demonstrating evangelism and peacemaking.
The pastor must be a believer well versed in the doctrine of the Anabaptist Mennonite faith and someone with a strong personal spiritual belief.
We are seeking a pastor who can lead and support the congregation in the following priorities:
– to shepherd the congregation toward spiritual and biblical maturity in faith, works,
– to support and assist with the various ministries of the church
– to be responsible for preaching on 2 to 3 Sundays per month
– to perform marriages and funerals
– to assist in visiting those in the hospital and nursing homes
Responsibilities and time commitment are negotiable within the range of a ¼ to ½ time position as per candidate
The church has 45 members of whom about 30 attend Sunday morning services.
The pastor may participate in on-going education and training opportunities that will enhance his/her ministerial understanding and abilities. A committee will be established to assist in developing the relationship between the pastor and the congregation. There will be an annual performance evaluation and wage adjustment taking into consideration the Western District Conference guidelines.
Contact Western District Conference Minister Heidi Regier Kreider at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-283-6300 in North Newton KS.