We share these basic beliefs* as disciples of Jesus Christ:
- God seeks to restore fallen humanity by calling a people to be faithful in all of life.
- Jesus is the son of God who taught how to be faithful. Through his cross and resurrection, he redeemed the world.
- The church is a community of those the Spirit calls to turn from sin, acknowledge Jesus as Lord, receive baptism and follow Christ in life.
- The Bible is interpreted in light of Jesus by the faith community, under the Holy Spirit’s guidance.
- The Holy Spirit empowers us to become peacemakers who renounce violence, love our enemies, seek justice and share possessions with those in need.
- The faith community gathers regularly to worship, celebrate the Lord’s Supper and to hear the Word of God in a spirit of mutual accountability.
- We seek to live in the world without conforming to the powers of evil. We witness to God’s grace by serving others, caring for creation and inviting others to know Jesus.
(*Adopted by Mennonite World Conference General Council)